Snap to It with Mobile Deposit
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 By Craig Kocur
We recently added Mobile Remote Deposit Capture to our iPhone, Android, and iPad apps. This is a much requested feature and we're happy to finally bring it to you.
We know that as the years go by you are receiving fewer checks. Oddly, though, fewer checks is why Mobile Deposit is so great. Back when checks were a bigger part of our lives we had routines set up to deal with them. Now when someone hands you a check you stare at it for awhile and try to figure out the next time you will be near a branch. Once that's cogitated, you try to figure out how much time it is going to take you to stop at the branch. You think, "Will the stop make me even later for the next thing on the list of 1000 things I have to do today?" "Is it worth it to deposit Grandma's birthday check?" Mobile Deposit removes all of that hemming and hawing.
Here's the check cashing process with Mobile Deposit:
- Someone hands you a check.
- You thank them profusely for the money and a relic of the past.
- You grab your phone and login to your Dort Federal mobile banking app.
- Snap a picture of the front and back of the check.
- Hold on to the check (just in case something goes wrong) and wait for the deposit to hit your account.
- If you deposit it before 2pm on a business day, the funds will be in your account that day.
- If you deposit it after 2pm, the funds will be in your account around 2pm on the next business day.
- Keep holding on to your check. Once the money is in your account everything should be fine, but, just in case, you should hold onto your check for 60 days.
Simple. You've added money to your account.